About this location sources
is in the community area.
615 Dempster St is in part of a regional housing submarket that can be characterized as "higher-income, young, educated, strong market urban".
People who earn a moderate income* in this area typically spend about 40% of their income on housing.
People who earn a moderate income* in this area typically spend about 16% of their income on transportation.
* Moderate income means a household that earns 80% of the regional median income. CNT views affordability as when a household spends no more than 45% of its income on housing + transportation.
There are 4 large parks within 1 mile of 615 Dempster St: The Lakefill, Crown Park, Centennial Park and Dawes Park.
615 Dempster St is in a very high walkable area.
The neighborhood around 615 Dempster St is highly supportive of redevelopment and infill development.
Where is 615 Dempster St
Land use analysis
There are 3 land uses that occupy 5% or more of a 1 square mile area around 615 Dempster St:
- Single-Family Detached - 34%
- Road right-of-way (ROW) - 29%
- Multi-family (incl. 4+ stories w/commercial) - 13%
There are 30 distinct land uses in the 1 square mile area.
CMAP: collected in 2013, published in 2016.
We don't currently have zoning information for Evanston but we have partners around the region who can help you understand what you can build here.
Properties in Evanston near train stations – CTA's rapid transit 'L' and Metra's commuter rail – may be eligible for bonuses under the city's Inclusionary Housing Ordinance (IHO) (Evanston Code of Ordinances, Title 5, Chapter 7).
The IHO requires compliance from "covered developments", which, among other qualifications written in Code of Ordinances section 5-7-3, is a development in a TOD area with 5 or more dwelling units, or a development outside of a TOD area with 10 or more dwelling units.
? of 17 development & financial incentives at 615 Dempster St, Evanston, IL
Upgrade to Cityscape Enterprise to see which financial & development incentives 615 Dempster St is eligible for, from Chicago, Cook County, State of Illinois, and the federal government, including:
- Micro Market Recovery Program (MMRP)
- Downtown Expansion
- Neighborhood Opportunity Fund
- New Market Tax Credits (NMTC)
- CHA Mobility Areas
- Housing Choice Voucher property tax savings areas
- Opportunity Zones - Federal program to encourage investment in certain Census tracts by discounting capital gains taxes
- Opportunity Investment Fund areas - Local program to spur preserving affordable housing
- and more
Sign in to your Cityscape Permits or Cityscape Pro account to view our flood guidance for 615 Dempster St, Evanston, IL.
The following sections are the myriad datasets that Chicago Cityscape has collected for this Address Snapshot report