2455 N Burling St, Chicago, IL
About this location sources
2455 N Burling St is in the Lincoln Park community area.
2455 N Burling St is in part of a regional housing submarket that can be characterized as "higher-income, young, educated, strong market urban".
People who earn a moderate income* in this area typically spend about 37% of their income on housing.
People who earn a moderate income* in this area typically spend about 14% of their income on transportation.
* Moderate income means a household that earns 80% of the regional median income. CNT views affordability as when a household spends no more than 45% of its income on housing + transportation.
There are 2 large parks within 1 mile of 2455 N Burling St: Lincoln Park and Oz Park.
2455 N Burling St is in a very high walkable area.
The neighborhood around 2455 N Burling St is highly supportive of redevelopment and infill development.
Upcoming developments & infrastructureBrown Line riders will have a more reliable commute once the Belmont Bypass project is completed by 2025. (more info)
Where is 2455 N Burling St
Land use analysis
There are 5 land uses that occupy 5% or more of a 1 square mile area around 2455 N Burling St:
- Multi-family (incl. 4+ stories w/commercial) - 28%
- Road right-of-way (ROW) - 28%
- Single-Family Detached - 9%
- Open Space, Primarily Recreation - 7%
- Urban Mix w/Residential Component (1-3 stories) - 5%
There are 30 distinct land uses in the 1 square mile area.
CMAP: collected in 2013, published in 2016.
Current zoning: RT-4
2455 N Burling St is in Park West
and zoned RT-4 on a ~3,150 square foot lot.
This location might be in one of Chicago's Special Districts. Cityscape Pro members see which one and get more details on how that affects development and construction here.
Not in the Lakefront Protection District
What is the Lakefront Protection District?
Housing at 2455 N Burling St
- ? dwelling units allowed
- 0 efficiency (studio) units can be built, combined with 3 dwelling units. The RT-4 zoning district allows up to 20% of total units to be efficiency (studio) units.
- ? SRO (micro) units allowed*
- The parcel lot area is 3,150 sq.ft. x 1.2 FAR, making the max floor area 3,781 sq. ft. The minimum lot area per dwelling unit is 1,000 sq.ft.: 3,150/1,000 = units
- The maximum amount of efficiency units is 20%. The remainder, for dwelling units, is 80%. The combined minimum lot area (MLA) is 1000 (which is the sum of the products of the MLA per unit type and the maximum percentage of that unit type, or 1000*20% + 1000*80%). The total number of units is 3 (area of 3,150/1000 MLA). Lastly, the maximum number of efficiency units is total number of units 3 * maximum amount 20%, or 0. The number of dwelling units is total units 3 - 0 efficiency units = 3. (Per 17-1-0605-B, all fractional housing units are rounded down.)
- The parcel lot area is 3,150 sq.ft. x 1.2 FAR, making the max floor area 3,781 sq. ft. The minimum lot area per SRO (micro) unit is 500 sq.ft.: 3,150/500 = units (the Zoning Administrator will verify that these are bona fide SRO units)
Other permitted buildings & uses
Unlock this Address Snapshot or sign up for Cityscape Pro to see what else the zoning code allows here
Residential zoning rules for RT-4
Affordable housing requirements
Assess how long a zoning change approval might take in the 43rd Ward, Alder Michele Smith.
Chicago zoning history
We last updated our zoning map in October 2018. Our earliest zoning map is from August 2012. *The "Date changed" is when the zoning district's boundaries were modified; sometimes this means that this address was rezoned.
|Tax Year||Billed||Assessed Value|
Appeals & exemptions
|2017||Not accepting appeals||Homeowner|
|2016||Not accepting appeals||Homeowner|
|2014||Not accepting appeals||n/a|
|2012||Not accepting appeals||Homeowner|
Owned or managed by
Property tax payer
123 N Main St
City Name, IL 12345
Properties in Chicago near train stations – CTA's rapid transit 'L' and Metra's commuter rail – may be eligible for bonuses under the city's Transit-Served Location (a.k.a. TOD) ordinance.
Nearby train stations
The nearest station entrance is at Fullerton on the CTA Red, Brown, Purple Lines, 2,111 feet away (walking distance).
Walking distance is approximate in a city with a street grid.
Measured to nearest station entrance.
? of 17 development & financial incentives at 2455 N Burling St, Chicago, IL
Upgrade to Cityscape Enterprise to see which financial & development incentives 2455 N Burling St is eligible for, from Chicago, Cook County, State of Illinois, and the federal government, including:
- Micro Market Recovery Program (MMRP)
- Downtown Expansion
- Neighborhood Opportunity Fund
- New Market Tax Credits (NMTC)
- CHA Mobility Areas
- Housing Choice Voucher property tax savings areas
- Opportunity Zones - Federal program to encourage investment in certain Census tracts by discounting capital gains taxes
- Opportunity Investment Fund areas - Local program to spur preserving affordable housing
- and more
Amenities & Social infrastructure near 2455 N Burling St, Chicago, IL
Parks, grocery, restaurants, banks, & hospitals within 1 mile walking distance
Amenities & social infrastructure within a 1 mile walk
- grocery stores
- cafés and coffee shops
- bars & pubs
What is "social infrastructure"?
Eric Klinenberg has popularized this term, which is defined in his book "Palaces for the People" and defined, among other ways, as "Public institutions, such as libraries, schools, playgrounds, and athletic fields, are vital parts of the social infrastructure. So too are community gardens and other green spaces that invite people into the public realm. Nonprofit organizations, including churches and civic associations, act as social infrastructure when they have an established physical space where people can assemble, as do regularly scheduled markets for food, clothing, and other consumer goods."
Amenities data sources
There may be some double counting and double mapping in the Near West Side, Near South Side, and Hyde Park community areas. Learn how you can contribute to OpenStreetMap and help us improve this map.
Contact us to report a missing or erroneous place
Sign in to your Cityscape Permits or Cityscape Pro account to view our flood guidance for 2455 N Burling St, Chicago, IL.
The following sections are the myriad datasets that Chicago Cityscape has collected for this Address Snapshot report
Energy Benchmarking Data
Showing buildings that reported energy usage data in 2016 at or within 2 blocks of 2455 N Burling St
Note: kgco2e/sqft = kilograms of CO2 equivalent per square foot of floor area. Only buildings larger than 50,000 square feet are required to track and report data. Property owners should consult the City of Chicago's website dedicated to the energy benchmarking ordinance.
Administrative hearings for building violations at or within 1 block of 2455 N Burling St
Violations with administrative hearings found here or nearby
Sign in to your Cityscape Pro or Cityscape Permits account to view them
Vacant bank-owned buildings
Violations for bank-owned building violations at 2455 N Burling St (the bank may not currently own the property)
Violations at bank-owned vacant buildings found here or nearby
Sign in to your Cityscape Pro or Cityscape Permits account to view them
Parcels & Properties analyze taxes, get comps/comparables, create legal notices, and download maps
Parcels & properties within 250 feet of the lot lines of PIN #14-28-312-029-0000 (2455 N Burling St)
Parcels & properties found here and nearby