2711 E 75th Pl, Chicago, IL
About this location sources
2711 E 75th Pl is in the South Shore community area.
2711 E 75th Pl is in part of a regional housing submarket that can be characterized as "lowest income, high distress, declining population, urban".
People who earn a moderate income* in this area typically spend about 16% of their income on housing.
People who earn a moderate income* in this area typically spend about 16% of their income on transportation.
* Moderate income means a household that earns 80% of the regional median income. CNT views affordability as when a household spends no more than 45% of its income on housing + transportation.
There are 3 large parks within 1 mile of 2711 E 75th Pl: South Shore Cultural Center.
2711 E 75th Pl is in a high walkable area.
2711 E 75th Pl is in an "economically disconnected area". CMAP is tracking development in these areas and recommending that cities target investments here.
The neighborhood around 2711 E 75th Pl is highly supportive of redevelopment and infill development.
Where is 2711 E 75th Pl
Land use analysis
There are 4 land uses that occupy 5% or more of a 1 square mile area around 2711 E 75th Pl:
- Multi-family (incl. 4+ stories w/commercial) - 30%
- Road right-of-way (ROW) - 27%
- Single-Family Detached - 16%
- Open Space, Primarily Recreation - 9%
There are 22 distinct land uses in the 1 square mile area.
CMAP: collected in 2013, published in 2016.
Current zoning: RT-4
2711 E 75th Pl is in South Shore and zoned RT-4 on a ~3,651 square foot lot.
This location might be in one of Chicago's overlay districts. Cityscape Pro members see which one and get more details on how that affects development and construction here.
Not in the Lakefront Protection District
What is the Lakefront Protection District?
Housing at 2711 E 75th Pl
- ? dwelling units allowed
- 0 efficiency (studio) units can be built, combined with 3 dwelling units. The RT-4 zoning district allows up to 20% of total units to be efficiency (studio) units.
- ? SRO (micro) units allowed*
- The parcel lot area is 3,651 sq.ft. x 1.2 FAR, making the max floor area 4,381 sq. ft. The minimum lot area per dwelling unit is 1,000 sq.ft.: 3,651/1,000 = units
- The maximum amount of efficiency units is 20%. The remainder, for dwelling units, is 80%. The combined minimum lot area (MLA) is 1000 (which is the sum of the products of the MLA per unit type and the maximum percentage of that unit type, or 1000*20% + 1000*80%). The total number of units is 3 (area of 3,651/1000 MLA). Lastly, the maximum number of efficiency units is total number of units 3 * maximum amount 20%, or 0. The number of dwelling units is total units 3 - 0 efficiency units = 3. (Per 17-1-0605-B, all fractional housing units are rounded down.)
- The parcel lot area is 3,651 sq.ft. x 1.2 FAR, making the max floor area 4,381 sq. ft. The minimum lot area per SRO (micro) unit is 500 sq.ft.: 3,651/500 = units (the Zoning Administrator will verify that these are bona fide SRO units)
Other permitted buildings & uses
Unlock this Address Snapshot or sign up for Cityscape Pro to see what else the zoning code allows here
Residential zoning rules for RT-4
Affordable housing requirements
Alder Favorability Index
Assess how long a zoning change approval might take in the 7th Ward, Alder Gregory Mitchell.
Chicago zoning history
We last updated our zoning map in January 7, 2019. Our earliest zoning map is from August 2012. *The "Date changed" is when the zoning district's boundaries were modified; sometimes this means that this address was rezoned.
|Tax Year||Billed||Assessed Value|
Appeals & exemptions
|2017||Not accepting appeals||Homeowner|
|2016||Not accepting appeals||Homeowner|
|2014||Not accepting appeals||n/a|
|2012||Not accepting appeals||Homeowner|
Owned or managed by
Property tax payer
123 N Main St
City Name, IL 12345
Properties in Chicago near train stations – CTA's rapid transit 'L' and Metra's commuter rail – and selected bus route corridors may be eligible for bonuses under the city's Transit-Served Location (a.k.a. TOD) ordinance.
Nearest station entrance: Windsor Park Metra Electric station, 0.5 blocks away (walking distance; 300 feet).
Nearest eligible bus route: South Shore Drive, 1.7 blocks away (walking distance; 1,110 feet).
Walking distance is approximate in a city with a street grid.
Measured to nearest station entrance; in Chicago, additionally measured to nearest eligible bus corridor.
? of 19 development & financial incentives at 2711 E 75th Pl, Chicago, IL
Upgrade to Cityscape Enterprise to see which financial & development incentives 2711 E 75th Pl is eligible for, from Chicago, Cook County, State of Illinois, and the federal government, including:
- Micro Market Recovery Program (MMRP)
- Downtown Expansion
- Neighborhood Opportunity Fund
- New Market Tax Credits (NMTC)
- CHA Mobility Areas
- Housing Choice Voucher property tax savings areas
- Opportunity Zones - Federal program to encourage investment in certain Census tracts by discounting capital gains taxes
- Opportunity Investment Fund areas - Local program to spur preserving affordable housing
- and more
Looking for homebuyer assistance programs?
Amenities & Social infrastructure near 2711 E 75th Pl, Chicago, IL
Parks, grocery, restaurants, banks, & hospitals within 1 mile walking distance
Amenities & social infrastructure within a 1 mile walk
- grocery stores
- cafés and coffee shops
- bars & pubs
What is "social infrastructure"?
Eric Klinenberg has popularized this term, which is defined in his book "Palaces for the People" and defined, among other ways, as "Public institutions, such as libraries, schools, playgrounds, and athletic fields, are vital parts of the social infrastructure. So too are community gardens and other green spaces that invite people into the public realm. Nonprofit organizations, including churches and civic associations, act as social infrastructure when they have an established physical space where people can assemble, as do regularly scheduled markets for food, clothing, and other consumer goods."
Amenities data sources
There may be some double counting and double mapping in the Near West Side, Near South Side, and Hyde Park community areas. Learn how you can contribute to OpenStreetMap and help us improve this map.
Contact us to report a missing or erroneous place
Sign in to your Cityscape Permits or Cityscape Pro account to view our flood guidance for 2711 E 75th Pl, Chicago, IL.
The following sections are the myriad datasets that Chicago Cityscape has collected for this Address Snapshot report
Energy Benchmarking Data
Showing buildings that reported energy usage data in 2016 at or within 2 blocks of 2711 E 75th Pl
Note: kgco2e/sqft = kilograms of CO2 equivalent per square foot of floor area. Only buildings larger than 50,000 square feet are required to track and report data. Property owners should consult the City of Chicago's website dedicated to the energy benchmarking ordinance.
Administrative hearings for building violations at or within 1 block of 2711 E 75th Pl
Violations with administrative hearings found here or nearby
Sign in to your Cityscape Pro or Cityscape Permits account to view them
Vacant bank-owned buildings
Violations for bank-owned building violations at 2711 E 75th Pl (the bank may not currently own the property)
Violations at bank-owned vacant buildings found here or nearby
Sign in to your Cityscape Pro or Cityscape Permits account to view them
Parcels & Properties analyze taxes, get comps/comparables, create legal notices, and download maps
Parcels & properties within 250 feet of the lot lines of PIN #21-30-306-004-0000 (2711 E 75th Pl)
Parcels & properties found here and nearby