Get notified when a company gets a new building permit
Contractor Profiles can notify you via email when a company you've "faved" receives a building permit in Chicago. Companies include specific architects, general contractors, expeditors, and subcontractors. Each company you fave will be checked daily and you will receive an email if a permit their name is on is issued the previous day.
How to fave a company
Find the company
- Starting on any page, click on the Research button in the top menu.
- Click on "Contractor Profiles", or go there now.
- Search for a company by name by entering one or two words in the "Search names" field, then click "Apply filters". Results are sorted by companies that received the most recent permits.
- Use as few words as possible to find companies by name.
- Limit the search by company type. Select one or more company types and then click "Apply filters".
- A company may be listed more than once depending on how their name was spelled on each building permit. Look for the company name with the most permits and a permit issued most recently. This is a good indicator that that name is the one listed on most permits, but it's possible to fave more than one company (a Cityscape membership may be necessary to fave more than one company).
Start your notifications
- Click on your desired company to open their Contractor Profile.
- Locate the "Fave [company name]" button to the right of their name, above the table.